The ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager training course enables participants to acquire the necessary competencies to assist organization in establishing, managing, and improving an information security risk management program based on the guidelines of ISO/IEC 27005. Apart from introducing the activities required for establishing an information security risk management program, the training course also elaborates on the best methods and practices related to information security risk management.
Why should you attend?
Risk management is an essential component of any information security program. An effective information security risk management program enables organizations to detect, address, mitigate, and even prevent information security risks.
The ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager training course provides an information security risk management framework based on ISO/IEC 27005 guidelines, which also supports the general concepts of ISO/IEC 27001. The training course also provides participants with a thorough understanding of other best risk management frameworks and methodologies, such as OCTAVE, EBIOS, MEHARI, CRAMM, NIST, and Harmonized TRA.
The PECB ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager certificate demonstrates the individual has acquired the necessary skills and knowledge to successfully perform the processes needed for an effective information security risk management program. It also proves that the individual is able to assist organizations in maintaining and continually improving their information security risk management program.
The training course is followed by an exam. If you pass, you can apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager” credential. For more information about the examination process, please refer to the Examination, Certification, and General Information section below.
Who should attend?
This training course is intended for:
- Managers or consultants involved in or responsible for information security in an organization
- Individuals responsible for managing information security risks
- Members of information security teams, IT professionals, and privacy officers
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformity with the information security requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 in an organization
- Project managers, consultants, or expert advisers seeking to master the management of information security risks
By successfully completing this training course, you will be able to:
- Comprehend risk management concepts and principles established by ISO/IEC 27005 and ISO 31000
- Establish, maintain, and continually improve an information security risk management framework based on the guidelines of ISO/IEC 27005
- Apply the information security risk management processes in accordance with the guidelines of ISO/IEC 27005
- Plan and establish risk communication and consultation activities
- Monitor, review, and improve the risk management framework and process based on the outcomes of risk management activities
- The training course provides best practices of risk management that will help participants prepare for real-life situations.
- The training course contains essay-type exercises (some of which are based on a case study) and multiple-choice quizzes (some of which are scenario-based).
- Participants are encouraged to communicate and discuss with each other when completing stand-alone and scenario-based quizzes and exercises.
- The structure of the quizzes is similar to the certification exam.
The main requirements for participating in this training course are having a fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 27005 and comprehensive knowledge of risk management and information security.
PECB Trainings are delivered by 1 AZ Learning in 4 ways:
- On Demand – eLearning: This method is technologically enabled and is delivered by PECB Certified Trainers in pre-recorded video format. Candidates can watch the video recordings at their convenience, from anywhere at any time. Currently Available in eLearning are 27001:2022 Lead auditor, 27001:2022 Lead implementer, 31000 Risk manager, 37001 Lead auditor, 37001 Lead implementer, 27001:2022 Foundation (French), 27001:2022 Lead auditor (French), 27001:2022 Lead implementer (french) And GDPR-CDPO(French)
- Self-study – using PDF Materials: If candidates want to take a training course at their own pace and a place of their choice, they can engage in self-study, for which all that is needed is access to our training course materials (and other supportive materials such as case studies and exercises).
- Live online: Our live online training courses are synchronized events organized in a live (real-time) virtual meeting room/classroom environment
- Corporate Classroom – Upon Request: Our classroom training courses are participant centered and delivered in different venues worldwide by PECB Certified Trainers.
Candidates in all modes of study get 2 attempts at PECB Exam for Free and PDF Copy of Courseware.