DITS course is one of three required to obtain the ITIL 4 Strategic Leader (SL) designation. See the chart below.
ITIL 4 Leader: Digital and IT Strategy is a four-day certification course and is at the core of the ITIL 4 Strategic Leader (SL) designation.
The course focuses on the challenges associated with developing a digital strategy as well as highlighting how to align a digital business strategy with an IT strategy for business success. This course adds a new perspective to the ITIL suite and elevates the discussion around ITIL concepts to a strategic level among IT business leaders and aspiring leaders.
The course is unique in that it is a very hands-on and interactive course that includes case-study assignments that are graded in-session and that contribute to the final exam mark.
The main focus of the DITS agenda is on the following ITIL 4 practices:
- Architecture Management
- Measurement and Reporting Management
- Service Financial Management
- Strategy Management
- Risk Management
- Workforce and Talent Management
You will learn about:
- How to relate the concepts of digital and IT strategy, the service value system (SVS), and the service value chain, as well as explain how they work together to create value in markets that are being transformed by digital and information technology
- Why organizations need to change the way they do business in markets disrupted by digital and information technology, and relate this to the concepts of strategy they will need to master as they make these changes
- How an organization uses their digital and IT strategy to remain viable in environments disrupted by digital technology
- The risks and opportunities of digital and IT strategy
- The strategic approaches made possible by digital and information technology to achieve customer/market relevance and operational excellence
- The steps and techniques involved in defining and advocating for a digital and IT strategy
- How to implement a digital and IT strategy
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is for IT and business directors, heads of departments, aspiring business leaders, and other business professionals across the organization who are looking for guidance that will help them craft a digital vision, shape an IT and business strategy, and drive organizational change.
For this course you are required to have successfully attained your ITIL 4 Foundation certificate.
EXAM & CERTIFICATION
- The exam is administered web proctored by PeopleCert.
- The exam is 1 hour 30 minutes in duration, includes 40 multiple-choice questions and is administered online by an independent examination body. Participants are provided with an exam voucher so they can schedule the exam at their convenience on any date after completion of the course.
- A passing mark of 70% is required to receive your certificate. An exam review is included in the course to help prepare attendees for the final exam.
After completion of this course, you may apply for self-directed learning PDUs through PMI. Letter of attendance, will be issued by 1st Career LLC to all attendees upon successful completion of self paced e-learning or live online course.